4 Knowledge Base

TelecomTrainning.net > Knowledge Base
 Viewing KB Article
Good Morning, - Please register or - log-in to your account.
Search
Search   Saved Questions   Ask a question
Keywords 

Available categories
LTE
100 of Questions in LTE
CCNA Certification
CCNA Sample Q & A (1000 + Q &A)
(Network +) Certification
(Network +) Sample Q & A (1000 + Q &A)
Networking
General/Interview Q& A on Networking
Home Networking
General/Interview Q& A on Networking
VOIP, SIP & Asterisk
Q & A on VOIP,Ethereal, SIP & Asterisk
Telecom Test Equipments
Q & A on Telecom Test Equipment
PSTN / Wireline
General / Interview Q & A on PSTN / Wireline
LTE, Wireless, 3G ,Diameter and HSS
General/Interview Q & A on LTE, Wireless, 3G ,Diameter and HSS
Telecom General
Any Q & A in Telecom in General

Top Questions
Friends, Describe Secure storage and distribution of A-Keys?
How do I monitor SS7 Traffic in spectra2?
what is the difference between E1 signal & Ethernet signal ?
Explain me the difference between a repeater, bridge and router? Relate this to the OSI model.
What is the difference between BRI & PRI ?
Can you tell me about PBGT?
Guys what is the purpose of Umbrella Cell Approach in GSM ?
how can we explain media gateway in MSc?
What is GGSN?
What is the difference between Electrical-tilt and Mechanical-tilt of an antenna?
What is demarc point?
What is BSC?
Can any one explain me how sms flow will work using ss7 network ?( from physical layer to application layer)
Explain SLTA and SLTM messages in MTP3?
why cellphone towers are painted in red and white?
Hi guys what is WAP?
wat is the difference betweem MSC & GMSC, & MSS & GCS?
what is EDAp? what is the functions of EDAP?
What is a circuit id?
what is sdh?

Explain me about CANCEL request?
stephenraj 21-July-2008 12:16:41 PM

Comments

www.cs.columbia.edu/sip/drafts/Ther0005_SIP.pdf
Posted by saqlain231

for termination of session we used cancel request
Posted by Hash007

CANCEL REQUEST:

Terminates a pending request, such as an outstanding INVITE.
After a session is established, a BYE method needs to be used to terminate the session.
Posted by sagitraz

The CANCEL request cancels a pending request with the same Call-ID, To, From and CSeq (sequence number only) header field values, but does not affect a completed request. (A request is considered completed if the server has returned a final status response.)

A user agent client or proxy client MAY issue a CANCEL request at any time. A proxy, in particular, MAY choose to send a CANCEL to destinations that have not yet returned a final response after it has received a 2xx or 6xx response for one or more of the parallel-search requests. A proxy that receives a CANCEL request forwards the request to all destinations with pending requests.

The Call-ID, To, the numeric part of CSeq and From headers in the CANCEL request are identical to those in the original request. This allows a CANCEL request to be matched with the request it cancels. However, to allow the client to distinguish responses to the CANCEL from those to the original request, the CSeq Method component is set to CANCEL. The Via header field is initialized to the proxy issuing the CANCEL request. (Thus, responses to this CANCEL request only reach the issuing proxy.)

Once a user agent server has received a CANCEL, it MUST NOT issue a 2xx response for the cancelled original request.

A redirect or user agent server receiving a CANCEL request responds with a status of 200 (OK) if the transaction exists and a status of 481 (Transaction Does Not Exist) if not, but takes no further action. In particular, any existing call is unaffected.

The BYE request cannot be used to cancel branches of a parallel search, since several branches may, through intermediate proxies, find the same user agent server and then terminate the call. To terminate a call instead of just pending searches, the UAC must use BYE instead of or in addition to CANCEL. While CANCEL can terminate any pending request other than ACK or CANCEL, it is typically useful only for INVITE. 200 responses to INVITE and 200 responses to CANCEL are distinguished by the method in the Cseq header field, so there is no ambiguity.

This method MUST be supported by proxy servers and SHOULD be supported by all other SIP server types.
Posted by george99

Q&A Rating

Q&A Rating
Rate This Question and Answer

Related Questions
SNMP uses two port numbers 161 and 162, So single system can easily run and distinguish both a manager and an agent. But my answer is that : What would happen if the same port number used for both ????
Hi, What is the difference between 2G and 3G networks? Pls. let me know. Thanks.
Explain me about Transport Layer in OSI Model?

Search questions via popularity
Top viewed questions  Top emailed questions  Most printed questions  Most saved questions

Copyright © Telecom Training, All Rights Reserved