Can anyone explain me 5-4-3 rule.
Dean 22-September-2007 06:50:04 PM

Comments

1:Definition of: 5-4-3 rule. A guideline for designing a shared Ethernet network ( not switched Ethernet) for an optimal flow of traffic.
2:5-4-3 Rule: A guideline for designing a shared Ethernet network (not switched ... PR professionalsTimely tipsThanks for introducing me to these tips Jen.
Posted by waqasahmad

A guideline for designing a shared Ethernet network (not switched Ethernet) for an optimal flow of traffic. The 5-4-3 represents the creation of a single collision domain, and the numbers are maximums: (5-) no more than five segments between any two nodes that communicate with each other, (-4-) no more than four repeaters in those five segments, and (-3) no more than three of the five segments can have active devices (clients or servers).

Posted by HamidAliKhan

In a Ethernet network, between any two points on the network, there can be no more than five network segments or four repeaters, and of those five segments only three of segments can be populated.
Posted by henry

Posted: 27-September-2007 07:09:25 PM By: henry

In a Ethernet network, between any two points on the network, there can be no more than five network segments or four repeaters, and of those five segments only three of segments can be populated.

Posted: 13-November-2008 02:25:02 AM By: HamidAliKhan

A guideline for designing a shared Ethernet network (not switched Ethernet) for an optimal flow of traffic. The 5-4-3 represents the creation of a single collision domain, and the numbers are maximums: (5-) no more than five segments between any two nodes that communicate with each other, (-4-) no more than four repeaters in those five segments, and (-3) no more than three of the five segments can have active devices (clients or servers).

Posted: 31-December-2008 11:28:52 AM By: waqasahmad

1:Definition of: 5-4-3 rule. A guideline for designing a shared Ethernet network ( not switched Ethernet) for an optimal flow of traffic.
2:5-4-3 Rule: A guideline for designing a shared Ethernet network (not switched ... PR professionalsTimely tipsThanks for introducing me to these tips Jen.